Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hurry Up Wednesday!!!!!

It's been about a week since I have been able to blog! I've been crazy busy!
St. Louis was "OK" at best. There was a huge metal arch...."Gateway to the West"...woohoo. I took a picture from my hotel room for you....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As soon as I got back it was catch-up time at work and next thing you know....here it is...Saturday! I want Wednesday to get here sooooo bad! Not only is it the last day of work before Thanksgiving, but it is when we find out if we are having a boy or girl - Providing the baby cooperates :)
If we find out, we will register on the Monday after Thanksgiving. It's pretty much the only day I can do it! I am not even going to try to register on a weekend or weeknight during the holidays!
Also, I have this killer recipe for the best, spicy fall cookies you will ever have. Seriously, if loving these cookies are wrong, I DON'T WANNA BE RIGHT! Aside from my sweet skills of capturing these little morsels on my camera, I have posted the recipe for them. If you have any spare time at all and you want a little bit of heaven here on earth.....trust me....try them!!!!

CHOCOLATE-GINGERBREAD HUGS
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 squares (1 oz. each) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (I used semisweet)
2 Tbsp unsalted stick butter
1 box/bag mixture of Betty Crocker gingerbread cookie mix
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup hot water
30 Hershey's Hugs, unwrapped

1. Heat oven 375 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave (usually about 2 mins.) Stir until blended and smooth.
2. Stir gingerbread mix, chocolate mixture, flour and hot water in large bowl with a rubber spatula until blended.
3. Put sugar in a small bowl. With floured hands, shape dough into small balls (about 1 inch), roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10 minutes (until tops crack slighly but are still soft to the touch.
5. Place baking sheet on a wire rack. Immediately press a Hug in center of each cookie. Transfer cookies from baking sheet to rack to cool completely.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Jotted that recipe down quickly, because they look sooooo good! Glad you are back safe!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Oh, and call my cell on Wednesday, we will be in NYC, to let me know what that baby is, so excited and can't wait!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

okay, I promise I will stop commenting! But I had a great thought! You could bring those to small groups! Just a thought!!!! :)

Dolly said...

YUM Toni! Good call on taking a picture of them. That's what made me write down the recipe too. Thanks for sharing. I'll make them over the holidays for sure.

Can't wait to find out what you're having!