Friday, November 9, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

This weekend is going to be crazy!
Today at 3pm, I am working with Alexandra and her Girl Scout troop as we go to Sergeant Santa's workshop and volunteer to put goodie bags together for them. I never did Girl Scouts as a kid, because well...honestly...if you did Girl Scouts, then you were a nerd. So, of course, I didn't do it! I am so sorry I missed out that opportunity because Alex has just learned so much from it! The troop always volunteers at places, goes camping and learns how to do things that I would not even think to teach her! Like, starting a fire, the proper way to ride a horse....etc.
My daughter has such a big heart. She loves helping people! For instance, last weekend was my Uncle Fred's birthday. My family took him shopping at the mall for new clothes. My daughter always feels like she has to take care of him and hold his hand and things like that. My uncle was in a car accident around 40 years ago and he lost the use of his right arm and he is not able to walk normal or talk normal. He is "all there" and totally self sufficient, but just a little slower than other people. I posted a picture of him below with a GIANT bowl of watermelon balls).
Anyhow, I guess my point is, is that when I look back at myself in 4th grade, I never cared about people like that. Alex wants to volunteer at a nursing home down the street from our house. I really think she is going to be a nurse when she grows up! She is so into that stuff!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also, tomorrow we get to wake up at the crack of dawn and watch Alex run the Richmond Times Dispatch Kids Marathon! I am excited to see her run, HOWEVER,
it's frickin' freezin' Mr. Bigglesworth!!!! We have to park blocks and blocks away and downtown Richmond is all downhill, so of course when the race is over, it's all uphill back to the car!
Of course, I'll be posting some pictures of my adventures this weekend. In the meantime, here is a picture of Alex at the race two years ago. Precious :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: