Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm famous!!!

Back in July, Alex and I made this cake. We got the idea from the cover of a Woman's Day magazine. We decided to make it for our church picnic. Anyhow, I had emailed it (back in July) to Woman's Day with a little note thanking them for such a cool idea and how much fun my daughter and I had making it.
Well, today I was perusing their website and I saw a section of their favorite reader submitted cakes. Over 600 people submitted entries and Woman's Day picked their favorite 68 and posted them on their website. The cakes are really cool, too. There is one that is like a mountain of banana's and little monkey at the top and one that is an Apple Computer...they are really cool. Then, I get to #29 and I see our cake and Alex and I!!! It's funny because all of the other photos look like they were professionally taken (backdrop and everything) and our picture was taken by us. You know the deal..you hold the camera out as far as you can and turn it around and hope it worked! No one else has their mugs in the picture except ours! I was laughing so hard when I came to it! It was so unexpected! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Well, here is the link if you would like to have a good laugh at my expense. Just click on the "Click here to see the cakes" http://www.womansday.com/food/12144/you-made-it.html

2 comments:

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

I am so proud of you! All your hard work paid off! Congrats! Your pic with Alex is so cute! It is funny that you two are the only ones who have a face shot!

Dolly said...

This is really cool. It is funny that your faces are in the picture with the cake. You look really proud and like your concentrating to get in the picture. Good post!