Friday, March 6, 2009

Some catching up....

I've been so busy lately!!!
Let me catch up here. Last week I was in Washington D.C. for some training for my job with HelmsBriscoe. It was awesome! They put us up at the Liaison Hotel on Capitol Hill and we were treated like royalty! It's so fabulous being "woo'ed" by other cities and hotels!
Then, this past weekend we were blessed by a whopping 10 inches of snow! School was closed all week and then yesterday we were two hours late. I thought I was going to go crazy with Alex in this house all day, but we were able to venture out a bit to avoid some serious cabin fever.
Then, on Wednesday, I was in a bad car crash. The car is completely totaled. My wrist is sprained, but other than that, I am good. Thank GOD no kids were in the car with me. The bad news is, we still owe money on the car, so what the insurance company gives us, we will have to use it to pay off the car. So, we are down to one car. This is very challenging as now I have to walk to work, which is going to S-U-C-K! My job is just about 1 mile away and I used to voluntarily walk to work during the fall, but with this crazy weather we have been having, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Here is a picture of the car.....
Photobucket
We absolutely can't afford another car, so please pray that someone out there has a "beater" they can donate to our family or for a REALLY cheap price! I just need something to get Aron and I to work and back.
These are some tough times we are living in and let me tell you, we are definitely feeling it!

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Ah Toni, I'm so glad you weren't hurt more than your wrist. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident too.