Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Nastiness!!!!

Oh my gosh! I HAVE to blog about my experience with a new Dorito flavor that Frito Lay is trying to pitch. They don't list the flavor on the bag as they want you to "guess" the flavor. I saw these chips in the store and of course, I love a good tasting challenge, so I got suckered into buying them for $2.50. Eddie, Alex and I were all trying to guess what flavor they would be prior to opening the bag. "BBQ....no, it will be chili....no, it will be hamburger..." we had ALL kinds of guesses before tasting it.
Finally, we get home, unpack all groceries and sit around the kitchen table with our Dorito Quest chips. We open it and all three take a chip each and take a bite of our chip all at the same time. Then we look at each other and eyes start to water and we all have the "worried" face. We all then proceed to spit out our chip!
The only way to describe this new flavor is "I had key lime pie about an hour ago and I just threw it up".
Yours truly is just waiting for 9am central standard time when the Frito Lay office opens and give them a piece of my mind! This is by far the most disgusting thing I have EVER tasted! I will be making a trip back to Kroger to return this bag of poison today as well.
I wasn't sure if I was the only one who thought this, so I "googled" it. Apparently, the new flavor is supposed to be Mountain Dew. That is even LESS appealing than "I had key lime pie about an hour ago and I just threw it up" flavor.
Word of advice: SAVE YOURSELF $2.50 AND BUY PRINGLES INSTEAD!
Here is a picture of the NASTY in all it's glory:
Photobucket

3 comments:

Toni R. said...

Update: I know I have no life. I just got off the phone with Frito Lay and the flavor IS Mountain Dew. Even SHE said they were disgusting and she works for them! My "replacement coupon" is in the mail :)

Dolly said...

Hilarious! I've never seen or heard of these until now. Thanks for the warning. Glad you got a coupon coming in the mail. Nothing like good customer service!

Donna said...

ugggh. That is disgusting! Why would the mix a chip with a drink flavor? Weird. Stick to the nacho cheese and cool ranch flavor, Doritos.