Monday, October 27, 2008

Still loving Autumn!

So, this past weekend was a LOT of fun!
I went with Alex's girl scout troop to Carter's Mountain in Charlottesville to pick apples. I havent picked apples since I was about Alex's age, so it was SO much fun! I had no idea this place existed! Carter's Mountain is HUGE! They have acres and acres of every kind of apple you can think of and they also have a gigantic vineyard. They make their own apple cider, apple cider donuts, apple pie, apple butter...well, you get the idea. Apple everything! I am SO going to come here every year to go apple picking!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Check out those Red Delicious!!!
Photobucket

But the favorite of the day was Golden Delicious!
Photobucket

I also have another dilemma. My little Aron.
Problem #1 - He has grown out of his bouncy seat (obviously), but isn't 100% sitting up on his own, yet. He will fall over after a while of just sitting there.
Photobucket
Problem #2 - His hair. It is out of control! Should I cut it? Alex was two years old when she got her first hair cut! I just feel so bad cutting it while he is so small :(
Photobucket

His hair reminds me of something....oh yea....THIS:
Orangutan Pictures, Images and Photos

There are some people in our neighborhood that go ALL OUT for Halloween. Take a look at this house.....check out the eyes in the window!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Donna said...

Aron is ADORABLE! Roy Austin's hair was like that. It was really whispy and needed a cut way before he was 6 months old. Roy made me get it cut at that time and I have to say that I loved the big boy cut. It may be a little tricky, but you'll just have to hold him while the person cuts it.

Seeing your post made me want to go apple picking now!